As a member of the Dell Technologies unique family of businesses, Dell EMC serves a key role in providing the essential infrastructure for organizations to build their digital future, transform IT and protect their most important asset, information. Dell EMC enables our enterprise customers’ IT and digital business transformation through trusted hybrid cloud and big-data solutions, built upon a modern data center infrastructure that incorporates industry-leading converged infrastructure, servers, storage, and cybersecurity technologies.
NVIDIA’s invention of the GPU in 1999 sparked the growth of the PC gaming market, redefined modern computer graphics and revolutionized parallel computing. More recently, GPU deep learning ignited modern AI—the next era of computing—with the GPU acting as the brain of computers, robots and self-driving cars that can perceive and understand the world.
The Department of Economic Development, Jobs, Transport and Resources
The department works across many portfolios to increase jobs, investment, exports and opportunities in Victoria. Our integrated and strategic approach stimulates innovation, competitiveness, confidence and sustainability in Victoria’s economy.
A productive, competitive and sustainable Victorian economy that contributes to a prosperous and inclusive society.
The mission of the Department of Economic Development, Jobs, Transport and Resources (DEDJTR) is to get our economy and society working together for the benefit of all Victorians – by creating more jobs for more people, connecting people and businesses, and maintaining Victoria’s envied reputation for liveability now, and for the future.
- More jobs for more people – we are creating and maintaining jobs so more people have meaningful work that is safe and secure. We do this by supporting businesses and workers, developing and growing our future industries, attracting investment to our regions and supporting industries in transition. We also create jobs by leveraging our natural assets, including fostering our visitor economy, creativity and innovation.
- Making connections – we are connecting Victorians to work, family and recreation. We are connecting businesses to each other and to their customers. We do this by growing our transport services, making them more reliable and accessible and building new infrastructure, across Melbourne and our regions, and across all transport modes. We also connect Victoria to the world by attracting investment and talent, and helping Victorian businesses trade into global markets.
- Maintaining Victoria’s liveability – we are helping to create places, towns and cities that are accessible, well connected, culturally rich, diverse, resilient and safe. We do this for all Victorians.
Victoria’s Lead Scientist
Victoria’s Lead Scientist works across the Victorian Government to foster linkages and identify opportunities for economic outcomes by engaging with business, the research sector, government and the broader Victorian community.
The priorities of the Lead Scientist are to:
- advocate the importance of science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) to Victoria’s economic future
- enhance university/business engagement and identify opportunities to build scale of activities by facilitating partnerships
- scan the horizon for new technologies and provide high level strategic advice on potential social and economic impacts
- advocate to improve the innovation capacity of the public sector.
Poster Session Host
NCI Australia is the nation’s most highly integrated high-performance research computing environment, providing world-class services to government, industry, and researchers. We are committed to delivering on national priorities and research excellence, and are driven by our primary objective of raising the ambition, impact and outcomes of Australian research.
Based at The Australian National University, NCI is home to the Southern Hemisphere’s fastest supercomputer, its highest performance research cloud, its fastest filesystems and Australia’s largest research data repository—all supported by an expert team of nationally and internationally recognised staff.
Our combination of infrastructure and expertise enables high-impact research and innovation that otherwise would be impossible to undertake. It also delivers outcomes that inform public policy, and supports an internationally competitive research environment that attracts and retains world-class researchers for Australia.
NCI is supported by the Australian Government’s National Collaborative Research Infrastructure Strategy (NCRIS), with operational funding provided through a formal collaboration incorporating CSIRO, the Bureau of Meteorology, The Australian National University, Geoscience Australia, the Australian Research Council, and a number of research intensive universities and medical research institutes.
Contact: Lucy Guest, Communications & Outreach Manager
Network Partner & Coffee Cart Sponsor
Australia’s Academic and Research Network (AARNet) is the not-for-profit company that operates Australia’s National Research and Education Network (NREN). Our shareholders are 38 Australian universities and the Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO).
We provide high-capacity, leading-edge Internet and other advanced communications services to the nation’s universities, health and other research organisations, as well as schools, vocational training providers and cultural institutions. AARNet serves over one million end users who access the network and services through shareholder and other customer institutions. The role of AARNet’s eResearch program is to assist researchers to realise the full potential of the Network.
Name: Peter Elford, Director, Government Relations & eResearch
For nearly 12 years, Amazon Web Services has been the world’s most comprehensive and broadly adopted cloud platform. AWS offers over 100 fully featured services for compute, storage, databases, networking, analytics, machine learning and artificial intelligence (AI), Internet of Things (IoT), mobile, security, hybrid, virtual and augmented reality (VR and AR), media, and application development, deployment, and management from 54 Availability Zones (AZs) within 18 geographic regions and one Local Region around the world, spanning the U.S., Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, India, Ireland, Japan, Korea, Singapore, and the UK.
AWS services are trusted by millions of active customers around the world—including the fastest-growing startups, largest enterprises, and leading government agencies—to power their infrastructure, make them more agile, and lower costs.
AWS helps researchers process complex workloads by providing the cost-effective, scalable and secure compute, storage and database capabilities needed to accelerate time-to-science. With AWS, scientists can quickly analyze massive data pipelines, store petabytes of data and share their results with collaborators around the world, focusing on science not servers.
Deliver cloud computing, real-time analytics, processing for your mission-critical business, and big data insights. Improve data center efficiency and reliability to handle any workload.
You’re developing performance applications—your customers want them to run faster. Take advantage of every last bit of processor power. The tools in Intel® Parallel Studio XE make it easier to boost application performance on today’s and tomorrow’s highly parallel processors for high-performance computing (HPC), big data analytics, machine and deep learning, and thousands of other performance-critical applications.
Concurrent Session Speaker Sponsor
High-Performance Computing Solutions
High Performance Computing Solutions are critical to scientific research, industry, and national defence. It is often the sole or major solution for costly or complex theoretical models and experiments.
Huawei uses high-performance servers, large-capacity storage, and innovative cluster and device management software to provide HPC.
The world demands more and better access to information. Calculations are complex and processing speed is of the essence. HPC environments require:
- Exceptional computational performance, memory, and storage
- Simple installation and deployment
- Intelligent systems management
- High energy efficiency
Huawei’s end-to-end HPC solution faces these challenges with several key components:
- Infrastructure: Indoor modular data centers or outdoor data centers built inside standard shipping containers
- Hardware: Blade and rack servers that support:
- Intel® Xeon Phi™
- Various storage devices
- Mellanox InfiniBand and Gigabit Ethernet switches
- Services: Life-cycle management services:
- Planning and consulting
- Construction and deployment
- Migration and integration
- Customized development
- Disaster recovery
Leap into the future. Contact Chris Clarkson, Huawei HPC Business Development Manager, +61 418 552 408, email@example.com about Huawei world-class HPC solution today.