Mr Sven Dowideit1
1Csiro, Brisbane, Australia
There are many useful technologies and practices that are coming, or have come to make pushing software, data and information to researchers and users easier or faster.
This workshop continues to provide a platform to highlight, discuss and bring eResearch people together.
We’ll organize a set of short talks to spark discussion and learning.
The topics of interest are broadly:
- Security, as a service?
- teaching, learning, and moving forward together
- Continuous integration and delivery
- monitoring, alerting, and logging
- moving to the cloud
- containerization, orchestration, Kubernetes, CaaS systems
- keeping your research service running for the next 10 years
If you’ve recently done a review of new or old systems in a space, and found pitfalls,or limitations, or positive surprises, we’d love to hear about that.
Sven Dowideit has been working in the application container startup space since 2013, having lead both the Boot2Docker project, and the RancherOS container Linux project.