1CSIRO, Canberra, Australia
This half-day workshop will explore several topics in the use of Python for scientific computing. Participants will work through hands-on modules covering a range of topics and scientific domains. While some modules will assume little to no Python experience, others require previous experience such as the Python for Scientists 3 day course or equivalent. Participants can choose topics of interest to them, and the available material should appeal to research scientists as well as software engineers.
Module topics include:
- Unit testing and test-driven development for scientists
- A programmers guide to cleaning messy sensor data with Pandas
- Symbolic maths
- Object-oriented Python: writing your own classes
- An exploration of options for increasing the performance of your code
- Using PyTables with HDF5 data
- Exploring Python decorators
- Reproducibility with Python
All training material will be available for participants to keep after the workshop.
To be advised