1CSIRO, Canberra, Australia
This half-day workshop is an introduction to the fundamentals of programming in Python, with a view towards scientific applications of Python. If you have never programmed in Python before, then this workshop will give you the tools you need to get started and will provide some future direction as well. Topics include:
- Working with Jupyter Notebooks
- The syntax of Python
- How to use the Python documentation: online and inside Python itself
- Fundamental types and operations: working with integers, floating point values, strings and Boolean values.
- Programming logic 1: making decisions with if statements
- Programming logic 2: repetition with for loops
- Working with collections of data: lists and dictionaries.
- Organising your code: functions in Python
- Dealing with errors
All training material will be available for participants to keep after the workshop.
To be advised