CSIRO and AeRO invites students in years 10 to 12 to spend a day at C3DIS 2019 at no cost
This is an outstanding opportunity for students to learn about cutting edge STEM research, hear talks from world class scientists, and to meet researchers using Computation to solve problems in areas as diverse as Biology, Climate Science, Astronomy, Marine Science, Bushfire Prevention and Management, and much, much more.
Date: Monday 6 – Friday 10 May 2019
Time: The best time for students to visit is between 10:00am – 2:00pm
Venue: Level 1, National Convention Centre Canberra
Lunch: Students should bring a packed lunch as no catering will be provided at the venue.
Things to do:
- Explore science datasets using Virtual and Augmented Reality environments
- Meet a selection of researchers to discuss their presentations (click here to see examples of presentations at C3DIS 2018)
- Watch computer animations that showcase techniques for storytelling and science communication.
- Listen to conference keynotes – speaker details will be announced via the conference website shortly!
- Walk the industry floor and speak to researchers and technology providers
How to get involved:
Express your interest by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know how we can help your class:
- Choose a day to attend the conference: 6/7/8/9/10 May
- Tell us what topics will most interest your students (we will try to facilitate some discussion with researchers)